Treadstone 71 Cyber Intelligence Capability Maturity Model
Treadstone 71 developed a cyber intelligence capability maturity model to help organizations determine the maturity of their cyber and threat intelligence initiatives against the cyber intelligence common body of knowledge (CICBOK). The model provides strategic and operational aspects of your cyber intelligence maturity, where it needs to go, and where you should concentrate your attention to create more value for your business. Eight (8) years in the making, the Treadstone 71 Cyber Intelligence Capability Maturity Model uses traditional tradecraft Sherman Kent, Richards Heuer and intelligence community standards, analytic standards, and experiential knowledge derived from years of training, assessing, and building cyber intelligence programs.
- Assesses your current status
- Delivers a roadmap for rapid maturity gains
- Visualizes status and reporting
- Tailored goals and objectives for maturity measurement
- Built to easily transition to daily execution
- Creates goals, initiatives, and desired outcomes
- Measures monthly programs against the target
- Allows for rapid adjustments
Sample area of measure - Introduction to Intelligence
Level 1 - Initial
Intelligence lifecycle not used. No awareness of intelligence community functions and organization.
Intelligence classification markings not in place.
Level 2 – Repeatable
Limited use of the intelligence lifecycle and classification markings. Some awareness of intelligence community functions and organization.
Level 3 – Defined
Intelligence lifecycle deployed and regularly used. Classification markings applied to most documents.
Intelligence community functions, organization, roles and responsibilities defined.
Level 4 – Managed
Intelligence lifecycle documented deployed and integrated with standard processes. Classification markings applied to all documents. Intelligence community functions, organization, roles and responsibilities integrated into annual funding, HR, and organizational priorities.
Level 5 - Optimized
Intelligence lifecycle documented, deployed and integrated with standard processes, and measured for performance improvements and innovation - used as a KPR. Classification markings applied to all documents. Intelligence community functions, organization, roles and responsibilities integrated into annual funding, HR, and organizational priorities, integrated with other organizational intelligence functions (business, marketing, competitive).
There is a time when spend is no longer worth the maturity gains. Treadstone 71 ensures you do not go beyond this level while sustaining a solid ‘3’. As you approach an overall average of three, it is time to drop the maturity effort and move to cycle time reduction, improvements in execution, and more efforts to estimate and forecast for prevention. The Figure on the next page defines that model.
Please complete the Contact form to receive the Data Sheet
- Analysis - Reports and Briefs
- Adversary Baseball Cards
- Cyber Intelligence Capability Maturity Model Assessments
- OPSEC Assessment - Intelligence Preparation of the Cyber Battlefield
- Interim Head of Intelligence
- Internal Intelligence Communities of Interest
- Intelligence Requirements
- Threat Intelligence Platform Selection and Rollout
- Data Sheet Request
- PIRs - How to build them properly