Cyber Intelligence Collection Manager's Course - Certified Threat Intelligence Collection Manager
Course syllabus and content proprietary to Treadstone 71
For questions on the course, contract Treadstone 71 at osint AT treadstone71 DOT com
All who sign up must agree to the Course EULA. Signing up for the course indicates click-through consent.
Treadstone 71 Cyber Intelligence Collection Manager’s Course
All too often we see organizations receive information on threat actors only to point-and-shoot when it comes to collection. There is little to no structure in this critical task that drives all intelligence production, analysis, and analytic writing.
This course prepares the organization’s designated intelligence professional as the person in charge of Managing collection planning, staffing, targeting, ensuring integrated, synchronized, and deconflicted collection actions. As information is received from internal requests for information, analysis of existing data, information, and intelligence on the subject in question, the collection manager correlates and determine gaps in preparing the collection plan. This course prepares students in the development of collection requirements, designed to maximize the effectiveness of your limited resources covering what may seem as vast areas of online targets. The course assists the collection manager in determining where to look, when to look, and what to look for. We provide students with situation and event templates, how to fill them out, how to manage the ever-changing problem iteratively, and how to establish collection priorities base on the courses of action the threat actor may likely adopt.
The collection manager works with the intelligence and priority intelligence requirements to develop the collection plan translating these into specific information requirements used to provide targeting while managing the availability and capabilities of the collection/research team.
The class includes:
- Collection Planning
- Interpretation of Stakeholder Needs
- Intelligence Requirements
- Moving from intelligence requirements to priority intelligence requirements
- Essential elements of information
- Specific information requirements
- Analysis of requirements against the existing knowledge base
- What do you have?
- What do you not have?
- What is the gap?
- Where and how will you acquire that data?
- How much time do you have?
- What resources are available to you?
- What skills do you have to accomplish the task?
- What skills do you not have?
- Mission and Requirements Management
- Convert RFI’s to collection requirements
- Converting intelligence-related information requirements into collection requirements
- Establish priorities
- Coordinate with other internal and external sources
- Iterative re-tasking
- Anticipate collection requirements
- Validate preplanned collection tasks
- Update adaptive collection plans
- Collection Planning Forms and Tracking
- The Collection Manager’s Matrix
- Credibility / Validity / Relevance
- Probability Scoring
- Data Provenance - Dates/Times
- Types of Evidence
- Screening Sources
- Data Segmentation and Prioritization
- Establishing a program of record
- Intelligence Gaps
- Cyber DECIDE, DETECT, DELIVER and ASSESS (D3A) framework
- Cyber FIND, FIX, FINISH, EXPLOIT, ANALYZE and DISSEMINATE (F3EAD) methodology
- Open Source Collection
- Tools, Methods, Resources
- Using the TIP
- Vendor Report Reviews
- Threat Intelligence Platform Use and Data Extraction
- Tagging strategies
- The Standard Desktop
- Rules of Engagement
- Escalation Guidelines and Rules
- Passive Collection
- Strategic, Tactical, Technical
- Iterative Approaches and Feedback Loop
- Data/Information dissemination
- Continuous monitoring of collection results
- Meeting SIR requirements
- Awareness of production and analysis status
- Redirects and information reporting to
- Collection plan effectiveness
- Feedback loop
- After action reviews – at any time
- Collection Operational Security
- Collection Planning Process Flow and Metrics
- Collection Manager Oversight
- Collection Manager Communications and Sharing
- Learn how to drive integrated information gathering on a strategic, operational, and tactical topics
- Explore methods of research and get publicly available information in response to intelligence gaps
- Expand your ability to find relevant sources for data collection
- Support internal cyber and threat intelligence develop, acquire, evaluate and/or implement collection tools and methodologies
- Devise methods to develop information discoverability processes
12-09-2019 7:45 am
Event End Date
12-11-2019 5:00 pm
Registration Start Date
Cut off date
11-20-2019 11:55 pm
Fort Myers, FL 33913