Treadstone 71 Training Justification
Subject: Request to Attend the Treadstone 71 NAME OF COURSE training
Dear [Decision Maker Name],
The Treadstone 71 Certified Threat Intelligence Analyst training takes place INSERT START DATE through INSERT END DATE at the LOCATION NAME in CITY, STATE, or COUNTRY. The training offers INSERT NUMBER OF DAYS of educational training from a former intelligence community professional. Intelligence professionals regard this class as the world’s leading training program for cyber and threat intelligence professionals. Therefore, I would like to request approval to attend, as I believe it will further develop my threat intelligence skills and build knowledge around greatly improving our cyber threat intelligence program.
The training offers comprehensive, innovative educational sessions following Intelligence Community standards from the International Association for Intelligence Education Standards for Intelligence Analyst Initial Training:
- Introduction to Intelligence
- Critical Thinking
- Analytic Writing
- Creative Thinking
- Analytic Briefing
- Structured Analytic Techniques.
- Analytic Issues
- Argument Mapping
- Case Studies
The course covers critical intelligence skill areas and emerging threat intelligence concepts facing our organization.
If I attend, I’ll receive:
- Over INSERT NUMBER OF HOURS of educational training and INSERT NUMBER OF CPEs.
- Hands-on with the latest open-source intelligence tools.
- Review of normally paid threat intelligence feed solutions (Intel471 and Recorded Future) while in the class.
- Operational security concepts, including a 30-day VPN license.
- Intensive training on:
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Collection Planning
- Collection Activities and Targeted Collection
- Intelligence Requirements Development
- Open Source Intelligence Methods
- Adversaries and Campaign Analysis
- Structured Analytic Techniques for Intelligence
- Methods and Types of Analysis
- Analytic Writing and Peer Review
- Analysis, Reporting, and Dissemination
- Mitre ATT&CK Analysis and Comparisons
- Forecasting and Estimative Reporting
- STEMPLES Plus Strategic Intelligence
- Synthesis and Fusion Methods.
- Advanced Adversary Targeting and Campaign Analysis
- Strategic Intelligence Analysis
- I’ll also have the chance to understand the methods used in intelligence agencies from an intelligence professional who has been teaching this course for 11 years.
- I’ll benefit from the instructor’s years of passive data collection on adversaries while maintaining operational security while networking with other students on their experiences in intelligence.
The approximate investment for my attendance is as follows (complete the information as appropriate):
Accommodation (### nights at (DOLLARS xxx/night*)
Full Training Pass (for ### days)
Payback: Our ROI
I believe the insights learned by Treadstone 71 Training will help speed incident response resolution, assist security operations in gaining insights into our cyber adversaries, and enhance our cyber threat intelligence program with intelligence community skills and knowledge. The cost of the course seems a small price to pay for actionable intelligence to help our business combat cyber threats and the reputational damage that results from even a minor compromise. Other courses from other companies in this field charge at least 25% more and usually 30-35% more and you get less from those courses.
When I return from the Treadstone 71 training, I will compile a short presentation covering what we covered in the class, applicable functions to consider for immediate use, methods of collection, how best to use analytic methods, and ways to quickly improve our written products.
[Add standard sign off]
- Hits: 591